FlowAlongSrf when imposing transforms an object on NURBS grid

FlowAlongSrf when imposing any object (for example, a sphere) on a difficult surface - a sphere is distorted. The matter is that NURBS grid can be transformed (to be narrowed, extend, fluctuate) at a surface very strongly and an object when imposing through FlowAlongSrf adapts to this grid.

We will take the cylinder at which the top is strongly narrowed for an example. NURBS of the line in the top part approach, and therefore the sphere will be contract.

How it is possible to vyrovnit NURBS grid - that an object wasn’t strongly transformed when imposing?

Hi Modeler3d - you can use the OrientOfSrf command… However, if the UV of the target surface is compressed, as near the pole of a sphere, then you will get distortion if Rigid is un-chhecked. If morphing to a sphere, always try to set up the sphere so that the target location on it is on the ‘equator’ and not near the poles…

-Pascal

Hi pascal, is available for me the whole group of elements which are placed on the plan. It is required to me that all panel of elements laid down on a surface and was transformed on normals (the direction from a surface).

OrientOfSrf can’t adjust the objects (which are on the plan) to the necessary surface. Or I what don’t know?

Cubes are transformed on normals. It is necessary that an object didn’t decrease in the lower part.

OrientOfSrf - the only option which does that it is necessary to me, but she can’t work with a set of elements which need to be imposed on all surface. And here 1 object adjusts well.

Hi Modeler3d - in the V6/WIP you can constain the normal and get a result from FlowAlongSrf like this:

-Pascal

It is what is required to me. How exactly you have achieved similar result?

I have Rhino 5.

It is good, but then a problem with increase in the size. Because of what it?

Hi Modler3d - use History for the FlowAlongSrf operation, and make the base surface wider, or tapered, by moving control points, until the objects look correct.

-Pascal

I have understood. Thanks!