FLOW ALONG CURVE issue

Hello,

Here I have the object A witch I intend to place along curve at the object B

I am using FLOW ALONG CURVE
(RED CURVES) 1 FOR BASE CURVE and 2 for TARGET CURVE

This is the result I get:

Thank you

Hi @spiander
You don’t specify what the issue is, but my guess is that the rope on the last pic should be in the center of the curved plane. Without an actual file to test on, my initial try would be to Rebuild both the base and target curve to the same (large) number of control points, eg. 200 and see of that helps. Flow and FlowAlongSrf tend to like more control points than what you would normally have - I guess that it has to do with how many “samples” are made when deforming the geometry.
HTH, Jakob

Hi Jakob, thank you for aswering.

The issue is, that the surface witch I try to flow, it does not touch the oject all along the way and eventualy creates this gap as seen on the last image. Instead It should be touching both sides all the way.

flow issue.3dm (9.1 MB)

Hello - you’ll see that the object penetrates the planar surface that is adjacent to the flat orginal as well - as far as I can see, the flow operation is doing what is expected.

If you do not want the part that sticks through, use Trim or a Boolean operation.

otherwise, I need more information about what the problem is.

-Pascal

Pascal thank you for your time.

Do not mind the rope at all. The problem is the surface, is not fitting on the object.

Hello- there is no input to Flow that would tell Rhino to match to that edge - if you want a surface there, why not just make one, like with a loft between the upper and lower arcs?

-Pascal

Pascal you gave me the solution. :checkered_flag: :checkered_flag:

Thank you