_Fill command not on toolbars or command list

I just learned about the Fill command from another post.

Why can’t I find it on a toolbar or in the command list? It’s super handy and it works perfectly.

This? Sub-D feedback and possible features request

https://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/7/help/en-us/index.htm#commands/fillmeshhole.htm?Highlight=fill

The SubD tools are rapidly evolving.
Designing U/I happens much later after use of the tools settles down a bit.

Why not make your own icon, and share how you use it here?

When I type simply “Fill” in the latest WIP, I get subD-specific prompts.

1 Like

Sure. I just hadn’t seen any documentation on the command at all, didn’t know it existed.

I’ve just been downloading the latest WIP every time it comes out and following what I can on the forum. The only command I’d encountered previously that isn’t in the SubD toolbar is the smooth/flat view toggle, because it was discussed on boards.

We have tool in place to announce new tools and changes, but they aren’t always perfect. I guess we screwed up, or something fell through the cracks.
That’s part of why it’s call a Work In Progress, eh?

Am I looking in the wrong place for new tools and changes? I’ve just been looking in the command list in the WIP. If I should be looking somewhere else, please let me know.

I’m newish to this forum and to your dev process. I used Clayoo a lot and I’m super excited about SubD becoming native, which is why I’m posting about my experiences testing it so much.

When the new WIPs come out, a list of changes is posted in this thread:

It looks like “Fill” was added two WIPs ago.

2 Likes

The icon for Fill ought to be in the SubD toolbar for you now but it has an edit on deck to look a bit better. I’ll check on it getting added to the SubD menu as well. Thanks.

1 Like

If in doubt, run ToolbarReset and then restart Rhino. (Windows)

-Pascal

2 Likes