Extrude through several curves

Hi all :slight_smile:

I have a project where I wish to make an extrusion through several different profile curves in order to make a building that starts as one profile and over maybe 30m has 4 or 5 different sections. I would like these sections to be rhino geometry curves that allow me to change their points so that I can see in real time how the overall volume changes.

I’m sure it’s a simple fix, but I’m not really sure how to do it in Rhino other than by drawing curves through corresponding points, and then lofting each curve. I’m therefore not sure how to do it in grasshopper.

Any potential solutions would be appreciated. Sorry for lack of images/gh files, I’ll upload some later tonight to help make myself clearer!

It sounds like you could use the standard loft component and be careful to plug each profile curve into it in the order you would like.

In Rhino, select one of the curves and click “Points on” to see the control points. Select points and move them in X/Y (‘Top’ view) to reshape a curve and the resulting Loft.