Export selected as eps no option and ai sees parse fail in Photoshop

Hi,
V5

I wondered if I could use Rhino instead of Macromedia Freehand (being a Freehand user) to create some shapes over a photo I needed to get into Photoshop.
With Freehand I would import the photo, then draw over it, also placing a box hugging its edge, select the box and drawings and export as eps. Then in photoshop go file>open the eps and enter the photo width then place it over the photo, the box ensuring a proportional fit.

I created a couple of shapes and drew a boundary around my photo, selected the objects and went File>Export Selected and couldnt see eps, so chose adobe illustrated knowing that photoshop is compatible with adobe’s Illustrator. I got Unable to parse the postscript.

Any ideas on this, I was hoping to export as eps.

I had chosen a line thickness different than default, again hoping it would be that thick in photoshop, as an eps would have given.

Having used Rhino for a number of years now I wish its curve trim abilities existed in Freehand.

Steve

(Luis Fraguada) #2

Export the .ai as cmyk instead of RGB and it should parse correctly.

Hi,
That worked. however, having given it the same dpi and width of the photo in Photoshop, which worked for eps’s from Freehand, and is a basic concept in the world of eps, and eps is vector made into a universal langauge, the lines are 3 times as thick and also the box denoting the edge of the photo still has a bit of scaling up to do, looking at the ai that opened I see it showing a margin down the left and a thinner one along the bottom and down the right so the ai was of something more than the box yet it cant be, I selected a box and two elipses within it. Rhino has added on something extra.

As such Rhino export as ai fails the basic principles involved, making the artwork gain some invisible extra edge and altering the line thickness three fold.

Steve