Export .3dm with custom textures to .DAE or .X3D

Hello!

I have a 3dm file with four simple, custom textures (made from the Paint mode, each containing one color with no glossiness), and I am trying to export the model as a .DAE or .X3D with separate texture files. All I have been able to isolate are the .RMTL Rhino texture files, but I would like to have a separate .jpg or .png fileRhino with Color.3dm (4.3 MB) for each texture

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

-ff

I’ve moved this to the Rendering category to see if it helps.

The colors in your materials are exporting from Rhino 6 to .dae and I tested that they import into Blender which supports that format. The colors aren’t texture maps but rather just a color value that gets transferred in any format that supports it.

If the colors aren’t coming over for you it may be a setting in the app where you are importing it to or you may need to be in a display mode there that shows them. Here’s the dae from Rhino 6 as well. Rhino with Color.dae (1.2 MB)

Brian beat me to it.

I did try writing this script, but the diffuse channel travels out nicely enough into DAE anyway.
MeshVertexColours_from_DiffuseMaterial.py (668 Bytes)

Just in case you’re maybe doing sandstone printing, then these Mesh Vertex Colours will be enough.