Error Creating Groups

Has anyone run into this issue?

When trying to create a group of walls I get this error:

"1. Last copy of Group “Group 1” deleted. Group type removed from project. {4710524} "

I used the same process with different geometry and it worked. Could it be a geometry issue?

The warning is for a removal of the last type of that group; like an assembly, its trying to remove that completely once there isn’t an instance.

I’m not seeing a similar result.

Thanks Japhy,

It’s strange because the group referenced in the error isn’t in the model and doesn’t correspond to the name of the group I’m trying to make…

I’ll send the project files to the support email in case you have a moment to take a look.

Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Its something about particular elements. Not exactly sure what yet.

Internalized the walls input so i could unpin, it looks like the cleanup condition on the wall is causing the issue. Check for overlaps on that corner.

Thanks so much Japhy.

I wonder why wall overlaps would prevent the group from being made?

I tried grouping the walls at that level manually in Revit and it works no problem.

I’m going to run into this issue a lot on different projects. Do you think there is any way to allow for the overlaps? Suppress the warnings somehow?

Or do you think it might be possible to detect the issue and trim back the wall or disallow joins from within grasshopper to prevent the issue? Sorry I know I’m grasping at this point.

Thanks so much for your help, it’s greatly appreciated.

No problem. I’ll dig into it some more & see if we can figure out what Revit is doing with those cleanups that won’t allow it into the group component.