Enscape vs Vray for rhino renders

what is better for architecture rendering i know that they are different engines but which one creates better realistic results.

1 Like

Enscape is super fast, but materials and quality is limited. Best stable quality and realism for nearly all scenes you get by V-Ray.

The strength of Enscape is the large asset library which allow to fill scene quickly. Render times are a few seconds or less, but it cost material and render features. Very fast for fly through animations.

For me Enscape was good for some “cheap” projects, where my clients want to get a lot of renderings plus fly throughs for a low budget. But it can happen that Enscape complete fails if you client need a specific effect or quality. Per V-Ray you are much more safe.

Also I was not happy about the weak plugin implementation and that basic issues are not fixed over months/years. Issues are fixed if enough user beg for a solution and the fix isn’t complicated. Simple example - planar mirrors doesn’t show the complete interior scene always. Another example - you are working on a scene and your client needs milky glass. You will have a problem.

Enscape allow to get impressive results within a limited field of project needs. You can do things within a short time frame which you can’t get per V-Ray in the same time frame. But you never know when you will catch the limit. On the long run it was to risky for me and my clients need.
V-Ray is something like the standard for high end architecture viz. Enscape is a real time render tool and very good for quick setups of VR tours. Enscape isn’t a full render engine.

2 Likes