Elevation Symbol - How to create? (not section line)

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if visual arq can create elevations using elevation symbols. The forum currently only refers to elevations in regard to height datum symbols and opening elevations. In Australia we have a separate symbol for elevations which has no cut line like a section.

Is this possible?

Hi @lukehickmandesign,

In VisualARQ there is no elevation object yet.

For now you will need to create those as 2D Rhino blocks and use VisualARQ sections to view the elevation, you can hide those section lines for example by placing them in a layer.

We will let you know when it is available.

Kind regards

Hi @lukehickmandesign, how does your elevation symbol look like? we can develop it and make it dynamic.

Hi Francesc,

I have just been working on one.
See definition.
elevation_symbol.gh (13.1 KB)

I haven’t got the dynamic text working yet or the background hatch of the circle. I was also thinking we could have the sections uses in the model as the menu options for the symbol text.

Think I have got it close.
I will see if an option for connecting to sections in model exist.
elevation_symbol.gh (23.5 KB)

Updated again. A bit messy.

It would be good if the text height was linked to the radius of the elevation symbol.
Also, if the text would remain readable when rotated.elevation_symbol.gh (18.5 KB)

1 Like

Hi Luke, thanks for sharing the definition. It looks great.
In VisualARQ 2.7 version the Annotation object will take a plane as insert point, so it will be possible to insert it in vertical CPlanes (that means in Front or Side viewports).

1 Like