Edge blend failiure and no idea why?

So why is this happening? I realy just want to know what parameter im breaking so I can avoid it in the future.

blend error.3dm (1.7 MB)

Hi Simon - I do not see an obvious reason yet - there is a very tiny edge in there, and the edges are not exactly tangent to one another in that area - that’s what I’m looking at first.

@Simon_Jackson - yep, that little fragment of edge in there is the problem, it looks like. It’s kind of a pain to get rid of, I’ll see if I can tune it up and get this on the pile so it just works.\

-Pascal

Ah. So i can change the isocurve orientation of the initial pipe to remove the problem?

I did this one before and it worked fine (but needed to repeat it again with a slightly smaller radius of 0.75)

Hi Simon - here’s a cleaned up version - the pipe ends right at the edge of the flat surface and not a few thou away.

blend error_PG.3dm (1.5 MB)

-Pascal

Thank you Pascal. Was it the edge split which caused the problem? I realy need to understand why it failed.
Thank you so much for the advice.
If that is the case I just need to pay attention to that when I make my pipes and move the edge split if needed.

Hi Simon - I think it fails because of a buglet - I think it ought to work and handle that little edge. I’ll get it on the pile for the developer.

-Pascal