One thing which would be brilliant for the next version, would be the ability to disable the dragging of selected objects.
I draw models of things which are going to get built, everything has a proper place and generally the various bits meet or interface in quite important ways so there are absolutely no circumstances in which I want to drag something out of position and drop it in some alternative, arbitrary position.
If anything needs moving there is always a specific vector involved so the move command would, ideally for me be the only way of moving things, because then I would know that I have not accidentally dragged stuff out of position.
I expect you’ll say ‘well just don’t do it’, which is fair enough but; it is very easy to do accidentally; particularly if you click on one of the view command buttons (zoom, window etc…) and it doesn’t register, you then click and drag with the expectation of changing the view but find you are dragging something out of position – thank you for the ‘undo’ command! But I am never completely certain that I have not, at some time accidentally dragged a bit of the model out of position, which, obviously can have disastrous results for later modelling based on it.
It may be that my (rollerball) mouse is a bad clicker; but I can’t imagine that I’m alone in having this issue (I have changed mouse a few times but have always had this problem)
It is not a showstopper, I’ve sort of got accustomed to it over the years and don’t now find this sort of error very often.
But I’d have thought that a ‘disable’ option would be fairly straightforward to implement and it would, surely be welcome for anyone who uses your excellent software for any sort of engineering work.
