Display render error

Hello, I don’t know why I get this display error? I set it to a display mode other than wireframe, but the wireframe is still there in the right spot and the display it should be is distorted and in the wrong location.

Rhino 5, windows 10

Works fine after closing and restarting Rhino :slight_smile:

Wait! No, the display error is back after selecting certain objects (block instances exported from Revit)

Hello - please try running ClearAllMeshes and then shade the viewport again - does that look better?

-Pascal

1 Like

Well, it may have affected the display when things are not selected, but the behavior persists when the block object (ex. a window) is selected

Hello - can you please send an example of this to tech@mcneel.com? the smaller the better for trouble-shooting. If the file is large, plase zip and send to www.rhino3d.com/upload. If the blocks are linked please provide the linked file as well.

thanks,

-Pascal

Ok, will do, thanks. fyi, ClearAllMeshes is not working

Hi Tyler, I got your file on tech and took a look in v5… The issue appears to be the insertion point of the block in question. Try this, double click the block and click edit insertion point. Don’t click anywhere just hit enter and click Ok to the edit. This solves the issue here in v5 in both your new mode and any rendered mode with shadows enabled.

2 Likes

This works. Thank you very much