Recently upgraded from Rhino v5 to v6, just doing a simple sunlight hours analysis using ladybug.
For some reason the colored mesh renders differently between v5 and v6. The display result on Rhino 5 (bottom half of the attached image) is what I am after and I will have to work with Rhino 6 moving forward. can someone please point me in the right direction?
test shadow mapping.gh (394.4 KB)
Thanks in advance,
So far, I’m seeing pretty much the same as I am in RH5 (but you didn’t include your epw file and I didn’t get any shadows on my end…)
At any rate, I noticed that you are using LB components version 0.0.04 whereas as far as I can tell, the current version is 0.0.66. Also, which version of Rhino 6 are you on?
Also, there’s a dedicated LB|HB forum where the developers hang out:
Thanks for your reply, after a bit of research, I have found a thread on the LB/HB forum that is related to my issue.
Well, thanks - but I haven’t really done anything. In order for McNeel to be able to solve these issues, we need to be able to reproduce them and, so far, neither support in Seattle nor myself are seeing the black geometry issue. The clipping, yes. ...
I am happy to report that after updating to Version 6 SR9 (6.9.18271.20591, 09/28/2018) my issue is resolved.
I am running LB + which only includes several new components
Hello Ladybug community! We are excited to announce the availability of the new version of our [+] plugins for Grasshopper and Dynamo. This release includes Honeybee[+] and Ladybug[+] 0.0.04 for Grasshopper, Ladybug 0.2.0 for Dynamo and Honeybee...
Reading time: 2 mins 🕑
Likes: 11 ❤