Disable Right Button Rotate

I think there must be a simple answer to this one but I can’t find it - is it possible to disable the right mouse button view rotation? I use a 3D Connexion device so don’t need to use the mouse for view manipulation. Occasionally when pressing the right button to accept/enter, I rotate the view a little instead (I must move the mouse slightly). It would be nice if I could prevent this from happening. Can it be done?

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi MisterB - as far as I know there is no way to do this now, no.

-Pascal

Thanks for your reply, Pascal. At least I haven’t got egg on my face for overlooking an obvious solution :slight_smile:.

I don’t know if other 3D Connexion user’s notice this minor annoyance, perhaps it’s just me. It would be nice if it could be disabled in v6 but it’s no big deal.

Thanks again for your help.

(Pascal Golay) #4

Hi Mr.B - I don’t know if it is more of a problem for 3dConnexion users, do you think? I’d expect it to turn up in general, it’s just that 3dconnexion users have another way to noodle the view so are OK with disabling the default behavior… am I looking at that right or missing something?

I have had coffee this morning.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-38425
-Pascal

Hi Pascal, I think you’re absolutely right - this minor annoyance wouldn’t be limited to 3D Connexion users. We all use the right click to accept/enter and, if like me, you move your mouse a tad as you click the view rotates instead (limited to the perspective view). Maybe my mouse is too sensitive (Logitech MX Master), but my old one did the same.

On average I probably only do this a couple of times a day so it isn’t a big issue, but it would be nice if you could disable it so right click didn’t rotate. As you say, 3D Connexion users don’t need that functionality.