Dimensions revert to actual size

Hi all, I have a file that I opened this morning with dimensions that have reverted to their actual size from the size they were indicating on my layout page in relation to the scale of the detail. Anotherwords, a dimension that previously showed 3’-10" now shows 2 7/8". I noticed that the Record History button comes on every time I lay a dimension. I turn it off, I lay down a dimension and it’s back on. Is that supposed to be happening? Is that playing in to this?

Thank you.

Hi Cosmas - were the dimensions made in place or copied/pasted from one layout to another, anything like that? History is on for annotations by default but you can turn that off via the History command options.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Hmmmm… actually I am remembering that in the first version of the layout page I’m referring to I tried to print it to PDF and nothing was showing on the pdf … nothing in the details and none of the dimensions and notes on the page. I normally would call you at that point to trouble shoot but it was the end of the day and I wanted to move on. I created a fresh layout page and copied and pasted the details and the dimensions/ notes on to this other page. I then printed it out to pdf and everything was fine but I did not notice that the dimensions had change. I closed the file and went home. When I came in this morning, I opened the file and noticed that several of the dimensions had lost their “scale” and when I looked at the pdf I created last night I saw them their too.

Why the first version of the layout page wasn’t printing is the first mystery and why the dimensions lost their scale reference when I copied/ pasted them on to a fresh page is the second one. Any thoughts?

Hi Cosmas - could you post the result of the Rhino SystemInfo?
-wim

Hi Cosmas - I think what is going on here, I think, is that copied dims made with History lose history and ‘revert’. That does not explain why it ‘worked’ once, but that is what I think you’re seeing.

-Pascal

Makes sense, Pascal. I’m glad it’s not something more serious :frowning::frowning::frowning: right. I’ll just keep History off from now on. Thank you.

I asked for the SystemInfo because, if i recall correctly, there was a recent fix to copying dimensions from one layout to another…
-wim

Here is my System Info:

Rhino 6 SR21 2019-12-17 (Rhino 6, 6.21.19351.09141, Git hash:master @ 4d373f64ffb55e3a8d607d9618590728d86fb1e9)
License type: Commercial, build 2019-12-17
License details: Cloud Zoo. In use by: Cosmas Demetriou ()

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)
Machine name: DESKTOP-7SR0TFT

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA Quadro P2000 (NVidia) Memory: 5GB, Driver date: 10-16-2019 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 440.97

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 10-16-2019
Driver Version: 26.21.14.4097
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 5 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp “WebBrowser”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RPC.rhp “RPC”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoBonusTools.rhp “Rhino Bonus Tools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.21.19351.9141
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedPositions.rhp “Named Position”

Thanks, Cosmas! Issue RH-56193 was fixed in Rhino 6.22. If this workflow is something that you rely on, you can update to the current Service Release Candidate.
-wim