Changing scale on Layout sheets

Good morning all,

I’m relatively new to Rhino and using Layout mode a lot to create construction documents. Yesterday I had a drawing with five details in 1/4"=1’-0" and we decided to create a similar version of the drawing in 1/8"=1’-0". I was hoping it would be easy. I unlocked the details, selected them one by one, changed their scale from 1:48 to 1:96 and then used Scaled 2d to physically reduce the size of each detail’s frame to half its size. That was fine. The notes and dimensions on the details (and there were a lot), however, were a bigger challenge. When I selected the dimensions, and used Scale2d on them, they did reduce but their numbers changed as well. Is there any way to reduce a dimension without changing its number? Anotherwords, to tell a dimension that we are changing its scale and have it reduce without changing the number? Otherwise, I have to physically create all the dimensions from scratch.

Mary and Steve, I’m referencing this to you because I know that you have put a lot of work in to this but anyone else with ideas would be appreciated it.

Thank you.

@mary
@stevebaer

Hi Allison,
I would love to show you how to use annotation scale for this.
And then we can share what we figure out for you with the Forum.

It would be great if we can pick at time.
I am available at about 1:30pm PST today.
Let me know at mary@mcneel.com.

Thanks for asking.
Sincerely,

Mary Ann Fugier
McNeel Technical Support
Seattle, WA

Can’t make it today, Mary. I wonder if someone else would be able to do it?

@mary

Mary I’m interested in this. I’ll try calling you at 1:30 p.m. today.

Thank you.

Cosmas

Hi Allyson,
When are are you available?
Tomorrow after 1:30pm and anytime Friday would also work for me.

Or send me your file and I will make you a short instructional video.
That may work best.

Since I was forwarded this, I don’t think anyone else can help. You are
welcome to call tech support and see if you can get help with annotation
scale for the voice tech today.

Sincerely,
Mary Fugier

It would be nice to give the awnser here so that everyone can see. I’m having the same issue. I don’t understand why it’s not easier to change the scale I. Layout. I want a scale of 3/16 " = 1’. But the scale is only inches to inches ? Why? And how can I change this??