Difference between Untrim and UntrimAll?

99% of the time, there’s none right?

Not even a simple imported rectangle surface can untrim only a single edge:

simple-untrim.3dm (47.9 KB)

I know I’m not the first one asking this and I guess the ETA for an untrim which silently extends trim objects so the user doesn’t have to is a few decades away on the McNeel timeline?

1 Like

Here is an image that shows the difference between using Untrim on some of the cutouts vs using UntrimAll on that surface

Edit: I know, this doesn’t solve your problem, but shows the difference of the two commands. The topic you linked has a solution for your problem, though not a full automatic one, not sure if that exists.

@Bernd_Möller I expect it should be like the video

4 Likes

Hello- UntrimAll will remove all trims including outer loop and holes.

-Pascal

1 Like

Oh, so there’s a plug-in made by a user which again fixes what McNeel hasn’t been able to do for years? Do you have a link to it?

2 Likes

Orang (orangrhino.com)

1 Like

Hmm… so it’s a Chinese shoe software engineering company? Is my browser not displaying their site correctly, or do they not have a download or even pricing public? You need to e-mail them?

But, hello… multi surface flow was something I had trouble with just a week or so ago! :eyes:

YES A very strong company in this field

or do they not have a download or even pricing public?
No, because it requires a dongle

You need to e-mail them?

You can contact representatives based on your region

But, hello… multi surface flow was something I had trouble with just a week or so ago! :eyes:

There is also an option for multiple surfaces

I’m not sure I understand why ExtendSrf doesn’t work for you.

:rofl:

Ok, no way then. I’ll wait for Rhino V14 or whenever McNeel decides to fix this.

1 Like

For the provided face, _ExtendSrf works on all 4 sides after _MergeAllEdges.