I am currently working on a huge script, but one tiny little detail drives me crazy.
Since the algorithm I am making is intended to operate on shapediver, I needed a solution to display text in the viewport. And everything worked fine with the simplified definition you can see attached, until I wanted more.
I wanted to use different font types and tried to install the FabTools component from food4rhino. I knew it is not compatible with my current RH6 Version, but I thought I’ll give it a shot. The component did not work very well, so I removed it from my component folder soon and since then I get a weird little bug, which drives me crazy.
Whenever I try to join some strings with a paragraph inbetween, the viewport first shows the two strings above each other correctly. But as soon as I click anything or move the perspective it decides to show them attached in one line instead.
I really tried many things before writing this down here. I even already uninstalled Rhino, cleaned all the appdata folders, etc, reinstalled it, nothing changed. I can not imagine how the Tool now behaves so different. On my other computer this definition is working fine.
I would be very glad if someone knows how to fix this.
Unfortunately safe mode without loading gh plugins did not help. I tried updating my Rhino installation before, but since nothing changed I decided to completely reinstall it. But that didn’t help either. I am wondering if it’s a Windows-related problem by now…
The file attached should illustrate the problem a bit better. This time I also used the definition to feed the 2d text tag and it works…
thank you for your reply. By “do anything” I literally mean anything, like navigating through the canvas, clicking on components, scrolling in the viewport, any action triggers the component to display the input wrong.
I’ll test your file in a few minutes, but I believe I can promise you, that it will be displayed exactly the same as mine. I also used a single <ENTER>(Carriage Return) .
I am sorry. I am new to this kind of problem solving. It’s a pretty new Notebook with Windows 10, with onboad graphics Intel 620, Rhino Version is 6 SR25 (6.25.20114.5271, 23.04.2020). Even freshly and with no plugins installed, it behaves like this.
This doesn’t looks like a display bug on the GPU driver and OpenGL side. Individual characters are drawn one at a time and offsets for those characters are computed so we know where to place them. This looks like something in our character placement code is not seeing a “newline” in your string. If you have a repeatable sample, we should be able to find and fix the bug.