Default Template Issue

Helo, have a bit of an issue here.

-I am not able to use the default template. Not either to make my own templates.

If I open the program first and then pres ‘‘NEW’’ It directs me here
and even if i create a template. It diasapears afterwards.

The file locations as apears

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Localization\en-US\Template Files

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\AutoSave\RhinoAutosave.3dm

2021-05-19 12_46_51-Document Properties

I have already made visible any hidden files.

The files for the the ‘‘templates’’ supose to be here’’

2021-05-19 12_43_32-McNeel

While trying to find the files for the auto save I saw that (hidden)

2021-05-19 12_56_21-Rhinoceros

Going further i found Autosave
2021-05-19 13_05_17-7.0

any guidance will be mush appreciated.

Hi -

From a screenshot further down your post, it appears that the default template entry is blank.

You can save any file anywhere on your machine and point the default template entry in the Rhino options to that file.

As for the rest of your post, I’m not sure what’s going on.
When you paste the following path in a Windows Explorer window, can you then see the factory-default templates?

%appdata%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Localization\en-US\Template Files

-wim

1. The default template stays blank, no matter what I save in it. It does not keep the files.

The issue for me is not the location in the machine. But the fact I can not have any templtes.

Hi -
I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean. Can you provide step-by-step instructions?
-wim

1)I open rhino 7.
2) Template from ‘‘NEW’’ does not exist (that’s already weird)
3) So I create my one template based on my prefernces
4) I save it as template (I do not mind the location where it will be save. I just use the defaut)
5)Next time I open the program ‘‘NEW’’ Is still empty. Nothing exists in the folder. Nothing as an option at the beginning either.

-Spiros

Hi -

You should mind the location. Saving as a template doesn’t automatically place it in a specific directory. It will probably get saved where you saved your last file. You then have to point the “Default” entry in the Rhino Options to that location.
-wim

It is working fine now. I created a folder on desktop.

Still weird though, that all the default saving settings were not working.

Thank you for your time Wim. You have been very helpfull.