Trimming Lunchbox Panels

Hi

I am trying to trim a panelling system but I am having troubles. I realize that the issue is around grasshopper reading it as an untrimmed surface, however, I am unsure of how to trim the panels to the surface. I attempted to sort the panels from the centroids within the boundary surface - however, I realize that this approach is likely wrong as I believe that I need to isolate the panel curves within the boundary surface. The other posts on this topic didn’t help me in my case. Ideally I would like to be able to curve this surface and still maintain the trim.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile: Thanks in advance

Trimmed Panels Help.gh (15.0 KB)

You have forgotten to internalise your surface!

So I did. My bad! Thanks
Trimmed Panels Help.gh (15.2 KB)

So, do you want each panel edge to be curved following the base surface rather than jagged like this?

Trimmed Panels Help_re.gh (23.9 KB)

Hi,

Interesting - before I internalized the data and uploaded the script, the panels were straight - when I opened the file though after looking at this, the panels werve curved and I wasn’t having the same problem with the untrimmed underlying surface. So I am not sure what happened in between. All I did was apply a Rhino “bend” command to a rectangle surface, and then when I panelized it, the panels would still create the rectangle and not be trimmed by the targeted bent surface (I hope that makes sense). I am looking to keep the panels straight. I meant to say that "Ideally I would like to be able to *double curve this surface and still maintain the trim - with panels that are orthogonal.

Thanks