Curve networking a non uniform half spherical

Dumb question. But how do you curve network a surface like this? (im embarrassed, this should be elementary)
ODST CONCEPT INSPIRE.3dm (163.4 KB)

Join short top curve and use network

If i split the cplane curve it will give me half of it and it bulges .

But I want a continuous surface. Will adding more cross sections help?ODST CONCEPT INSPIRE.3dm (366.1 KB)

It could also be a closed deformed sphere which I can then split in two if that makes it easier.
But I want it accurate.

From your first file only join top short curve, resulting in one U profile curve and three V profile curves

Thank you.

Hi Simon - I notice your curves are degree 2 - is that deliberate? For making smooth pebbly shapes like this, I would use degree 3 at least to get nice curvature continuity. NetworkSrf will override the curve continuity with degree 3 but still, I’d think you want smoother curves…At any rate though Network gets you something OK with the curves suggested by Eddi, - check carefully at the front and back - see how it gets a little out of hand there as it approaches the singularities?

For a shape like this, I’d try to force the singularity to the top by joining the base curves and splitting the verticals, then Network it.

-Pascal

Thank you Pascal. That is realy good info.