CurtainWall corner mullions

Hi guys,

New to VA. I’m exploring the curtainwall function and I noticed that the curtain wall does not create a proper corner (i.e. 90 deg corner) Normally a corner will use a single corner mullion. VA creates a double mullion at the corners as if it’s 2 different systems. See the image below.

I’m trying to achieve something like this instead

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Hi @biz Unfortunately curtain walls in VisualARQ don’t solve the intersections between two objects, and they are not that detailed to achieve that kind of mullion for the join at the corner.

@fsalla
How sad. I don’t need to have that kind of detail, but a corner mullion(in a simple geometry) could be very useful. Any plans for that in a near future?
Thanks

This feature is in our wish-list. We need to study how much time and work it would take us to carry it out. I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks. This could be very helpful as much of our projects integrate curtainwalls

cheers

Hi, I want to ask the same question.
Is the corner mullions problem still suspended , whether in terms of model and 2D plan ?
A fancy 2D drawing should have detailed and proper mullions drawings.

Thanks.

Hi, there are no news on this feature. You can draw the corner mullions as columns, vertical beams or just using extrusions. Of course they won’t be linked to the curtain wall positions, but that’s what you can do as a workaround so far.