Creating DocumentText/UserText in Textfield GUI results in crashing


I’m having an issue where any attempt to input a key:value pair in the ‘Text’ object’s Text Field GUI is causing an instant crash in Rhino.

I can do SetDocumentUserText as a command and set a key value pair in there as well as retrieve it with GetDocumentUserText. However, if I set a key value pair through commands and then try to click ‘DocumentText’ in the Text Field GUI it crashes if there is a pair present.

I have tried this with a clean install and in WIP and it still presents the issues.
The most relevant line (to me anyway) in the Crash Report seems to be:

“Crashing on exception: [<Commands.ViewModels.NameValuePair 0x61000021ae80> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key fieldName.”

Hardware Info:
Software information

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.4 WIP (5E119w)
Rhinoceros path: /Applications/
IronPython version: not installed
WIP expiration: 11 August 2017
Language: en-GB (MacOS default)
macOS version: Version 10.12.5 (Build 16F73)


Third party kernel extensions

Hardware information

Computer hardware
Hardware model: iMac17,1
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Memory: 32 GB
Architecture: Intel 64 bit

Video hardware
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
Memory: 4096 MB
Screen size: 2560 x 1440
Displays: iMac (217dpi 2x)

USB devices
LaCie: Rugged Mini USB 3.0
Broadcom Corp.: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Apple Inc.: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
Logitech: USB Optical Mouse

Bluetooth devices
Apple: Apple Wireless Keyboard

OpenGL information

OpenGL software
OpenGL version: 2.1 ATI-1.51.8
Render version: 2.1
Shading language: 1.20
Maximum texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum viewport size: 16384 x 16384

Implementation settings
Use texture compression: No

Appearance settings
Antialiasing: 4x
Mip map filtering: None
Anisotropic filtering: None

Hi Jfocus - thanks, I’ll see if I can reproduce this.
Yep, got it, thanks.


1 Like

This crash should be fixed in the latest RhinoWIP (5E169w). Please give it a try.

Just tested, all seems to be working. Thanks very much!

1 Like