Creating a parametric alternative to the BIG serpentine pavilion

Hello all,

I have been trying to dabble with this script I found online to replicate the BIG Serpentine pavilion from 2016. The difference is that I would like my extrusions to run perpendicular to the ones in the actual pavilion and that creates a problem when the point system is on the “wrong” plane. I have attached my script, and some screenshots to help explain this further. The issue I’m running into is that some of these extrusions end up overlapping or floating haha and that creates structural issues that make it un-buildable. I’ve thought about defaulting to manual manipulation but that seems counterproductive.

The rhino script I’ve started with could just be the wrong path to go down for this intent. (11.7 KB)

Please let me know if you have any potential solutions.

_tubes_serpentine Edited (22.2 KB)