Creating a Diagonal Mullion System on a Doubly Curved Surface

Hello,

Im trying to create mullions that are attached to the doubly curved surface that I have created. Im trying to make them make a diagonal grid that makes the surface into a series of planer curves that still create the curvature of the facade. I have lunchbox, but im not really sure how to use it to create what I want. If anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful.

Thank you

Attached is a demo for you using Lunchbox diamond panels…

DiaGridFacade_re.gh (19.5 KB)

Thanks so much!! This will really help me out with my project

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again but I can’t seem to get the program to work on the surface that I’m working on. I can’t seem to apply the script to the curvature that I made. If it isn’t too much trouble would you be able to create a script that can be applied to my surface? I have attached the file to this message. Also it says that I have to have a ‘mesh pipe’ plug in, and I’m wondering what program you got that from.

Thank you

Grasshopper Panneling Test.3dm (369.6 KB)

Why don’t you just use Lunchbox?
And regarding missing plugin, visit here.

Thank you,

I got it to work nicely, but there is one thing that I’m having trouble with. I cant seem to make the diagonal grid apply the pipes which was my original goal. I managed to create a script that make the mullions but it isn’t continuous throughout the surface like I need it to be. I’m not very good at grasshopper so I may have done something wrong.

DiaGridTessellation_re.gh (85.1 KB)