Confusion about Universal Cplanes

Hi all,

I defined a surface from my mesh (see the small rectangle at bottom of heel in photo) and then I set my Universal CPlane using that. However, the top view is actually showing the bottom of the scan.

1. How can I “flip” the top view to show me the actual part of the foot? I think this can be possible if I flip the normal of the surface I defined, not sure how to do this.
  2. Are the small coordinate axes in the corner of each viewport showing only the world coordinate system? Not the one I created with my CPlane? If so, I would love to know how to change that.

Many thanks

Look at the World Coordinate axes in the corner of the Top viewport.
Normally, World X is pointing in the CPlane X direction.
In your case World Y is the CPlane X direction.

Your last model is oriented with the heel at the origin and the toes pointing in the Y “up” direction.

Assuming you wand the last oriented like it is displaying in the Top viewport now, do the following:

1. Right-click on the 4View icon to reset the viewports to defaults
  2. Rotate the model by 90 degrees clockwise to line it up with the desired axis

Any luck?

Thanks for your help!
I don’t think that’s what I’m looking for. In the top view it looks correct but you’re actually looking at the bottom of the last. This is also why it is upside down in the front view. I purposefully rotated the top view by 90 degrees so that the last was lengthways in the viewport.

The strange thing is, the surface I used to build the cplane is in fact pointing up in the correct direction (checked using _Dir).

Flipping the direction of that surface got me where I wanted.