Component properties from Quick selection tool bar Tekla & Grasshopper

Hi All

Can any one shy me light if possible to access property’s as from as below ?

i can access all property’s inside component but these looks like cant be accessed or its just me dont know how to do it properly ??

Regards

I’ll open up tekla tomorrow and take a look, what property is that?

1 Like

Hi,

Those contextual toolbar icons seem to be for the Framing Tools extension. Whatever you modify using those buttons will be stored as attributes for the Framing Panel component in Tekla. This means you’d need to set the appropriate attributes when inserting the component from Grasshopper to achieve the same result you’d get by using the contextual toolbar in Tekla.

E.g. like this for the panel lengths:

You can check the available attributes by referencing the component into Grasshopper and using the “Deconstruct Component” component, like this:

Note that if you add an opening to the frame in Tekla using the contextual toolbar, that results in an additional component being inserted - the “Panel Opening” component. This component can also be added from Grasshopper.

If you can give a bit more context about what you’d like to achieve we can perhaps provide more detail.

Cheers,

Sebastian

3 Likes

Hi Thanks for your response

Im just getting my head in Tekla and trying things as it not same as Dynamo + Revit.

All i want to do is to see what options can be accessed using Grasshopper.

Main goal is to see how i can add openings/Change stud centres ( Or whatever the option may be )

One more question; Can we add same options to component with grasshopper for example to change inputs ?

Sorry just started using tekla and trying understand how Tekla talks with Grasshopper.

Regards

Hi Sebastian

Thanks for your time !!

I been through attributes before i posted here in i could not find access to these functions

I can access all property’s within component with method you provided. But got no access to options on contextual toolbar.

Regards

Sorry for the late reply. To elaborate on what I said earlier, the contextual toolbar commands are a shortcut for modifying certain attribute values for the Framing Panel. Like the spacing of the studs. Normally you could also modify these values through the component dialog. In either case, the values are then saved to the Framing Panel component as attributes. You can use the “Deconstruct Component” component to try and find out the underlying attribute names.

Here you can see the same values being propagated from the UI to the dialog and the underlying attributes when you e.g. change the stud spacing from the contextual toolbar:

So, in this case, to set the spacing from GH, use the attribute “Spacing” followed by a string of distances like this:

When you add an opening through the contextual toolbar it will actually insert another component, the Panel Opening component. To do this from Grasshopper, you would add the Panel Opening component using the Framing Panel component and two points as an input:

snap0851

The input points here seem to be relative to the insertion point of the Framing Panel, so you need to take that into account when constructing the input points.

Cheers,

Sebastian

2 Likes

Perfect thank you !!!

1 Like

Hi Sebastian

Solution dont work

It adding component but component positions is not controlled.

It gets added at beginning of the panel & position cant be changed

Can you please advise

Regards

Hi, after playing around with this a bit more it seems there are strange things happening under the hood with the framing plugins.

Apparently the input points don’t really matter as long as they aren’t identical, they will be recalculated anyway. Instead, the opening location as measured from the origin of the frame is determined by the WindowOff attribute, and the width of the opening by the OpeningWidth attribute.

For the vertical location of the opening, the attributes are SillHeight and OpeningHeight.

Note that you might need to trigger the “Component” component twice after opening insertion to get the opening to update properly, the first time it might be a bit off from the location you’d expect it to be.

Note 2: To investigate the available attributes and see how they change if you move the opening manually, you can reference in an already inserted opening from the Tekla model and use the “Deconstruct Component” component to browse the attributes:

This is how I found the above attributes and noticed how the input points get recalculated.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian

It looks like i cant change “WindowOff” as it not taking it

Window opening works but i get same location all the time.

Regards

The distance attributes are float type, so you’d need to add a decimal point:

Otherwise they are treated as integers. This is subtle I know, but that’s how it works.

With the “Construct UDA” component you can change the type using the Type input (right-click the input to see the options).

Cheers,

Sebastian

2 Likes

Perfect Thanks

1 Like