Closing text editor

Hi,

I’m editing multiple text objects, the workflow is less efficient as in V5 because the need to hit OK after each edit.

What’s really smooth in V5 is that a doubleclick pops-up the editor and a click back in the Viewport closed that editor again. Could that “click outside is OK” be brought back for the V6 editor?

-Willem

1 Like

Hi Willem - thanks, got that

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-37871

-Pascal

Hello,

would be possible to have a simply quick text edit in V6 - the same like in V5 - just simply quick window (for example with one button) until click this button for “big” editor ?
This big editor is too slow and impractical for quick editing…

Thank you…

Hear hear!
With v6 we lost quick text editing.

-Willem

Here in forum is more topics with this wish (somwhere in text). The first wish is more like one year old, but nothing with this…:frowning: Please make it (text editor) usable.
I am still working in V5, because V6 is like “heavy” beta version for me. More money for update, but more bugs like V3 =>V4 or V4=>V5…unfortunately :confused:

Lowell Walmsley commented 4 Feb 2018 10:09
I’m not so sure this is even a good idea

But i think, this is very good idea for quick text edit (i hate acad, but even stupid acad have this quick text edit).

Big window with all options for text is unnecessary, when is in right container…

1 Like

Little solace - combination left alt+enter close text editor without click on “close”…

1 Like

Hello,

would be possible to set up change size text edit window by dimension “Leader”?
If i edit “Leader” with long text, is window to small…:confused: