Clipping planes are not clipping lines and edges

Hi, I seem to have discovered a bug, where clipping planes aren’t clipping the edges, if the edge thickness is > 0:

Clipping plane with edge thickness

Clipping plane without edge thickness

Hi - we’ll need more information on this one.
Can you reproduce the issue with just a single box in the scene and using the factory-default Shaded display mode?

Hi, I’ve realised that lines beyond the clipping plane are only visible when the clipping plane is selected. If the clipping plane isn’t selected, then the geometry is appropriately clipped.

Hmmm… In your 2 pictures, it does look like the Clipping Plane is selected in both but not clipping in both.

Hi @wim, i am getting a similar bug here in V6 SR14 (6.14.19127.17141, 05/07/2019). When i zoom in close to a clipped section, the wireframe of the clipped object is shown from the side which should be clipped. This can be repeated for a single box and seems to depend on the camera angle.

Video: ClippingPlaneBug.zip (1.8 MB)

ATI Technologies Inc.
AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series
OpenGL version: 4.6.13547 Compatibility Profile Context 25.20.15031.1000
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60
Driver Date: 3-26-2019
Driver Version: 25.20.15031.1000

Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24bits
Stencil depth: 8bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 3 GB

Having the clipping plane selected or not does not make a difference.
_
c.

Hi @clement - thanks for that video. I’m trying to reproduce that here but can’t make it happen.
Does it happen on your system with a factory-default display mode as well?
Could you post that model and a copy of your custom display mode if you can’t reproduce the issue with a default mode?
-wim

Hi @wim, i’ll attach the example scene and some display modes below. So far not all display modes show this behavior, eg. the attached Rendered display mode works fine while Wireframe, Shaded and Ghosted show the problem. Ghosted has been set to default, all others have been modified.

Example.3dm (80.1 KB)
DisplayModes.zip (8.8 KB)

_
c.