Clipping Plane Toggle Issue

I did a quick search and noticed that there were some problems with clipping plane back in early June and maybe this is related. Previously when I created a clipping plane it would effect all views or you could toggle the plane on or off in any given view. Currently creating a plane will only effect one other view, EG creating in Back will clip Top and creating in perspective only effects perspective.

Hitting the clipping on button will only create a new plane, not toggle an existing one. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Dave

That early behavior was a bug.
A clipping plane is only supposed to effect the viewport it was created in, not the others.
You can see the ClippingPlane widget in all the viewports and you can move it around in all the viewports, but it only clips the display in the viewport it was created in.
I think you’re describing expected behavior now.

John,

Perspective view is working that way but the orthogonal ones clip a different view than the one you sketch in. Haven’t worked out if the behavior is consistent or not. Also once you turn a clipping plane off, the widget remains but selecting it and trying to turn it back on results in the sketch a new plane dialog showing up. If you’re soliciting opinions on behavior put me down for being able to turn the clip on or off in any view including simultaneous clipped viewing of multiple views. Very helpful when you’re trying to check clearances between a case and the stuff its supposed to be clearing.

Thanks,

Dave

Rhino for Windows has controls so clipping planes can clip in multiple views and a few other enhancements. I’m not finding any that user interface in Mac Rhino yet.

How are you turning them on and off in Mac Rhino?

John,

Ok played with it a bit more and figured out what I was doing to get the behavior I was after (which apparently shouldn’t exist).

It’s perfect, don’t change a thing.

Thanks for the quick response,

Dave