Change your links!

Ok Mitch, I found the incorrect links and fixed them. Please test…

Hi Ricardo,

That’s strange… it looks like AppEngine is detecting that your computer (or your connection, anyway) is in Wisconsin, USA. Apparently you are in Brazil in real life? Do you by chance have a VPN connection into the US running?

According to the debugging page you are in North America, which means you should be seeing US contact information for support - I’m not sure why you aren’t seeing any.

Hi Marc,

AppEngine’s GeoIP detection didn’t return a lat/lon value for your internet connection, so we have no idea where you are. I did fix the links, though - they should properly get you to Discourse now. Please test.

Yep, that’s working now.

On the Community page (as I said previously) there should be a direct link to the forum too, probably best at the top of the “Latest Forum Topics” box. The funny thing is when you hit “more…” at the bottom - you get an “interesting” view of the forum.

Cheers, --Mitch

@brian The NING forum is still active (I just posted on it to test) despite being advertised as read-only after July 4th…
–Mitch

Thanks, the forums are now read only on NING, and a new post has been made in each directing people here. The More link at the bottom of the RSS feed was reported and fixed last week - you’ll see the fix when we upgrade the Discourse server next week.

Hi Brian,
I’m in Montréal.
“Forum” links to Discourse now.
“Community” is still pointing to a Ning page.
Thanks

I think it’s supposed to be that way, the “community” is bigger than Discourse.
–Mitch

Warning: thread hijack :smile:

I found an outdated link in Rhino itself, when a command is not documented the system suggests to post to the newsgroup.

undocumented.jpg

Hi Brian,

The debug page is reading my location right now, Latam/BR, but I still get the broken pages and the ning link.

Bongo links wrong too…

The links on bongo3D.com/support point to the nntp newsgroup or its web version, both closed. At the very least they should point to the ning community for Bongo, or here if a category is developed…
–Mitch

@margaret, you probably need to update the help file for the next SR based on Menno’s finding

I fixed some of the main links on the Rhino Wiki, there may be more in individual articles that I didn’t catch.
–Mitch