Cant Start Zoo on Windows Server 2016 (VM)

Hi Comm, very new to Rhino, but well i jsut want to use the Zoo Server. Downloaded and installed on the VM Server.

Wanted to start the Service, the Programm hangs and nothing happens!

I have all the netFramework installed!

Event massage:
The program ZooAdmin.Wpf.exe version 6.10.18275.5111 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: fc4
Start Time: 01d583f298c16524
Termination Time: 2
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoo 6\ZooAdmin.Wpf.exe
Report Id: db671e63-f01c-11e9-911f-0050569a10a5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi @itsupport3,

Make sure your Windows is fully up-to-date with all of the .NET service packs and security updates. Note, Zoo 6 requires .NET 4.5.

Also, make sure nothing else on the system is listening on TCP Port 80 using Netstat.

– Dale

.NET is installed

i checkt Firewall port HTTP TCP80 is open

Try to delete the files .cluster. at “C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Zoo\6.0\Licenses” then start “ZooAdmin.Wpf.exe”.

Hi @itsupport3,

Thanks for the update.

I am trying to figure out if the ZooAdmin isn’t working because the service is no starting, or if there is something else going on. So let’s verify the Zoo service is running:

1.) Go the Services application in Control Panel, run it, and see if the Zoo 6 service is running?
2.) If the service is not running, start it (also using the Services application).
3.) If the service does not start, can you review the notes on this page?

https://wiki.mcneel.com/zoo/webserverport80

Thanks,

– Dale

Hi Dale

I lookt at it with my external IT. It looks like another Licencing Software is already running there…

Can i change the Port to something else? If not ill need to setup it on a different server… hm

Hi @itsupport3,

The Zoo is limited to using TCP Port 80.

– Dale