Can this be drawn with Rhino?

not to forget that Gandini also was responsible for the looks of this car. it almost seems it was a strong inspiration for tesla :smiley:

that car was/is a peace of crap by the way, suspension was hydraulic and hooked up with the breaks countless unfixable problems.

2 Likes

But it’s diesel engine runs fine on used french fries oil making it cheaper than electric car…:wink:

1 Like

Design rationale often deviates from what the peanut gallery generally assumes initially.

Here’s how von Holzhausen described:

2 Likes

I still think this car design rather has problems regarding having almost no curvature and really bad details. It almost looks like an very early design model. Since my cousin owns a Tesla S, you can even notice many design errors such as wrong gap spacing, twisted curves etc. on Tesla Production Models. But I seriously think that the car would look much better with a refined design. I really don’t think this minimalistic design/shape is the real problem this car has. It clearly is different, but if this is good is subjective. All other shown cars in this thread do have more curvature and much more detail. In my oppinion good and bad design are always stronger related to its detail and the (designers) craftmanship behind, and not so much about the idea or shape itself.

2 Likes

IMHO the whole approach is a fundamental misconception. But probably these steps are needed to gain acceptance for the change. But that’s a different story…

BTW. there was a similar move by Wally Power in the super yacht industry

Perhaps the internet can ‘fix’ it or Rhino users and CageEdit…:smiling_imp:

https://insideevs.com/news/385806/tesla-cybertruck-adapted-improved/

2 Likes

If this is going to be the future of design, then there’s no need for fixing filleting in Rhino. Just sayin’

// Rolf

8 Likes

Another take on this design phenomenon (from a post on Linkedin):

// Rolf

3 Likes

reminds me of this…

and since we are at it, lets not forget tanks…

i think i will stop here before the 3rd world war breaks loose…

1 Like

Ah. Lancias of my youth.

-Pascal

2 Likes

Yes. The Cybertruck isn’t beautiful - but I think it’s a bold move.

No, I agree.

Yes, definitely.

Philip

1 Like

That “design exercise” made the Cybertruck much, much worse… :face_vomiting:

Philip

1 Like

Stainless steel is really hard to forge. The same with the Delorean the material dictates the form. Tesla is already having issues with panel gaps with aluminum. Going with stainless also solves their paint issues.

1 Like

Likely design intent to make your amygdala fire…

well if so, probably not the sexual part of it :smiley:

I really never got the point of having a Stainless Steel skin!
Really I hope that such a car is not allowed to drive on european roads. There is a good reason why a carbody easily folds together on impact. And its not only about the object getting hit by such a car, but also about its own passengers. I still really don’t know if this whole presentation was actually a hoax or not…

3 Likes

I doubt Europe is the intended market for a full size pick up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was, in any case the presentation has been a perfect publicity stunt

Has anyone added physics simulation methods to @stevebaer’s RhinoCommon Particle System class?

We need it so we can draw the windows…

1 Like

Bah! Draw a triangle, and then subdivide… indefinitely.

Don’t overdo it.

// Rolf