Can this be drawn with Rhino?

Elon’s got a favorite new material. The new rocket is stainless too. Volume discounts I guess.

And more…

And then there’s the counterintuitive claim for potential aerodynamic efficiency of the form. (With more work.)

1 Like

6 Likes

That really is a “Magic” Etch-a-Sketch. You managed to get 2 separate closed curves and 2 open curves with no connecting lines between them. :grin:

2 Likes

I could draw make a better looking truck in GTK Radiant, the Quake editor. At least it has NURBS.

YEAH sure , its possible

1 Like

still 99 % of all Rhino user couldn’t draw it up to production quality. Just saying… :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Often modern art and iconic design isn’t about the details, but about having the guts to follow through simple ideas.

Personally I don’t think the car fits my identity so I kind of don’t like it, but I can not dislike it either. I think it is a very bold move and a move that will affect the uber-homogenic car design industry in a VERY good way. And maybe somebody will have the balls to design something like this again:

3 Likes

well after all, less is more isn’t it.

1 Like

No, it’s about the lack of unnecessary details, that doesn’t bring anything relevant to the design, as in…

… an old “cliché”, but so true. Adding detail is easy - simplifying a design is hard. Usually a design that’s visually simple is often technically complicated under the “skin.”

I agree.

Yes, but that’s not Marcello Gandini’s original design - this is:

Minimalistic design from 1973. Unfortunately it didn’t work (overheating problems with the Lamborghini V12) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: - so the production model wasn’t that clean anymore. Great design, though.

Philip

3 Likes

More or less…

2 Likes

mhm, like Michelangelo said

The sculpture is already there, I just have to chisel away the superfluous material.

The marble not yet carved can hold the form of every thought the greatest artist has

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.

1 Like

I was never super fond of the Countach either… but then, once, I had the occasion to see one in person and walk around it - the clean one , upper image - without all the crust - and damn if it was not a beautiful thing.

-Pascal

1 Like

It’s all about optimization. Here with the minimum count of wheel vibrations:

2 Likes

Quads or Triangles, that’s the question. :slight_smile:
// Rolf

There was also this one, also from Gandini … :grinning:

Bertone-JPG26

4 Likes

Reminds me of the time when I was working in the research and development department at Mercedes -Benz with this project in the neighborhood

Mercedes-Benz Museum C111 200901241511.jpg
Von Bergfalke2 - Eigenes Werk, CC BY-SA 3.0, Link

4 Likes

Yes! That Lancia Stratos Zero concept from 1970! Wow…a really avant-garde and very bold design!

Philip

1 Like