Bug: Trim doesn't recognize extended lines

I’ve noticed when I’m in trim command and extend a line (using shift) and then try to trim something else with that extended line, it doesn’t realise it got extended and uses original line. When calling trim command again it does work as expected.

This happens in Rhino 7 but I believe it’s also in 6.

Thanks!

Hello - what is the exact workflow you are using here? Are you referring to the ‘ExtendCuttingLines’ option?

-Pascal

I have ExtendCuttingLines is off, apparent intersection is on.

This is a quick example:
I run trim command, select rectangle and line as cutting objects, then I shift click the center line to extend to rectangle. Click on either side and it will delete whole rectangle instead of just one side.
Rhino_p0Y9DRUtSM

Thanks!

Hi Juan - and does the line extend to the other side of the rectangle? Here this seems to work in both V6 and 7 so far…

-Pascal

Hey, so I recorded two quick gifs to show my results in both rhino 6 and 7. Yellow rectangle is rhino 7.rhino 6 rhino 7
In rhino 6 I am holding shift while clicking line and nothing happens.

In rhino 7, the shift extend does work, but when I trim rectangle it deletes the whole thing when only trim up to the newly extended line

Thanks!

Hi Juan - strange - I cannot tell what is different - I know it simple enough to reconstruct but if you can send me the exact file you are using, that might be helpful in troubleshooting.

-Pascal

The files are actually the blank files opened at startup.

If it seems to be only on my end, I may try to reinstall rhino later today and see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

I just noticed a few things just now.
Rhino 6 can extend only if I have both ExtendCuttongLines and ApparentIntersections off. While rhino 7 can extend with any of them on or off. So that is fine for me at least as I’m using rhino 7 now.

I got the trim to work as expected as long as ExtendCuttingLines is enabled but It shouldn’t be needed cause I just extended it manually.

Got it - thanks.

-Pascal