Bug: Delete Named View in GH

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a Named View in Grasshopper
  2. Delete it.
  3. Rhino crashes (in newest RH6 as well as in RH7 on Mac)

Hi Rudi -

Sorry about that, but I can’t seem to figure out how to delete one of those on the Mac.
-wim

Oh, I was talking about the Named Views in Grasshopper

Cheers, Rudi

Moved to Grasshopper category

Hi Rudi-
Sorry, I understood that you were talking about the Named Views in Grasshopper.
I’m just wondering how you are getting that drop-down with the X to appear.
I can make Named Views by clicking on the Eye button but I can’t seem to figure out how to re-instate a saved view, or, how to delete one.
-wim

No problem… yes it does behave differently than the Windows version: To get the drop-down menu, you have to long press on the Eye.

Best wishes,
Rudi

1 Like

Thanks Rudi - That worked.
… but doesn’t seem to crash Rhino here.
(7.0.20176.04016, 2020-06-24)
-wim

Interesting…

here´s a video of the crash and system into attached:

system_info_rudi.txt (9.2 KB)

Just checked with my sisters rMBP15 running Catalina, didn’t crash there as well. On mine it still crashes with 10.15.6 and the newest RH6 & RH7… I am sending my crash reports btw.

Hey @rudolf.neumerkel,

I just updated to 10.15.6 and can’t reproduce with either 6.27.20176.04592 or 7.0.20196.12086.

I noticed that you have quite a few Rhino and Grasshopper plugins installed, it could be related to one of those perhaps?

Another thing to test is doing it right after a reboot, perhaps one of the previous documents loaded in Rhino and/or GH is causing a memory corruption.

Thanks for you reply @curtisw!
I deleted all files in the UserObjects and Libraries folder. Although Weaverbird, CyclesShader, Sasquatch and Human are strangely still there (in GH).
Restarted my machine. It did not crash the first time (first successful deletion of a NamedView). But the second time it crashed again and is crashing constantly now…

I will try to get rid of the plugins mentioned above as well somehow and keep you updated… am a bit busy right now