Box morph slices in unexpected direction

I’m having trouble with a box morph producing results where each section is rotated in an unexpected direction. I’ve double-checked that the twisted box and reference box have the same relative corners, and am just kind of at a loss. What am I missing?

twist-test.gh

I don’t know how you did that, but “Box Corners” doesn’t work with Twisted Box objects.
(actually i’ve found very little info about Twisted Boxes…)
“R” input of “Morp” component need a normal Box as input, not a Twisted Box.
Also, you did feed a list of X and Y to “Twisted Box Curve” component, resulting in 196 twisted boxes… use a single value.

The only way i’ve found to re-arrange Twisted Box corners is to pass through DeBrep and make a new one.

twist-test.gh (25.2 KB)

Probably it would have worked also by using a different “R” box, making it from a different plane/system (like XZ or YZ or such…).

1 Like

I would never remake the twisted boxes. Usually you should just re-orient the geometry you want to morph so it has a different orientation in its bounding box, or as you said, re orient the bounding box.

If you need to, use deconstruct twisted box instead of debrep as debrep actually gives you the order of verts for a tbox converted to a brep which doesn’t always match the actually verts of a twisted box depending how the tbox is oriented.

2 Likes

I’ve double-checked that the twisted box and reference box have the same relative corners

They do not. You are plugging a twisted box into a Reference Box input. That input wants a box, not a twisted box. When you plug a twisted box there Grasshopper does an auto casting conversion into a box which does not always have the same vert order as a twisted box.

2 Likes