Boundary Surface Error

Hi,

I was following a tutorial video on YouTube however when I tried to boundary surface to burp | burp it showed “planar surface routine returned no results”. Not sure which part went wrong though and just wondering is there anyway to solve this.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Cube and Bubbles GH File.gh (10.8 KB)

Hi,

Just Flatten input of boundary surface.

Cheers,
BVR

3 Likes

If you want to keep the data strucuture, you could also use Clean Tree, with the Remove Empty (E) option set to true

Sry just wondering how would I be connecting the clean tree? It’s my first time coming across to it haha.

Here it’s how to do that. Even I suggested Flatten to give you the quick solution. Mostly everyone who has strong knowledge in grasshopper doesn’t suggest the use of Flatten.

Cheers,
BVR

2 Likes

You don’t have to flatten or clean the tree - orange color is just a warning - for advanced use, and in many cases you may want to keep the empty branches/nulls to troubleshoot the dataflow… So I don’t think it is a good habit to get into: Flatten / Clean…

just sayin…

Arkadius

1 Like

These are completely the user’s choice. How effectively He/ She wants to handle the Data Tree structure in grasshopper.

And here I’m linking some interesting topics for your insight. @dzhiyang9671

Timo (BIG)

See comment section too.

This from Edwin (ShapeDiver) @edsahergom

Cheers,
BVR

4 Likes