Block items have no clipping fill

when using blocks, I get no clipping fills:

however when I go into edit mode on one of the blocks this is what I see:

using Version 6 SR21
(6.21.19351.9141, 12/17/2019)
same bug in WIP by the way

isn’t a known bug?
… still unresolved.

I think so, I have a vague memory of seeing it, but couldn’t find it.

edit found it here:

according to bugtracker: bug reported: 2 years ago…being work on by : None

so not much to expect of this I am afraid ;-(

@stevebaer @jeff

see the attached file. I created a box around the origin and made a copy along the x-axis and copied this one over more or less around the y-axis. This bug reminds me a lot about one you solved a while back, where blocks had different contours depending on orientation of one of the blocks. Because here again, only one object can be displayed correctly.
If you double click on one of the instances you’ll see the behavior of the clipping fill changing.

The block I copied only in x, does show a fill, the one copied to x and -y doesn’t show any fill.

clipping_bug.3dm (90.4 KB)

can this file be added to the bug tracker?

Yes, but only if I can duplicate it.
Your file looks fine here in my V6.

Same here:

try moving the clippingPlane to the third instance as shown in @Gijs’s post, @John_Brock.

Yes, when I move the clipping plane to intersect the front block, or make copies of the existing blocks and move them to the clipping plane, I’m seeing it now too in V6 and V7.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-56535

Btw: no it doesn’t. One shows a thick line around the intersection as it should and the other not.

@Gijs
That is a different issue than than what this thread is concerned with, and it is on the defect pile already.

yes, strictly you are right, but I think the issues are related, so it might be worth an additional note?