Bitmap problem

After installing latest release I get this message when trying to insert a bitmap

Unable to open bitmap file - unknown file typeThe specified file cannot be identifed as a supported type.

never happende before.

What file format? Is maybe the bitmap file in CMYK format? Rhino can only open RGB format bitmap files as far as I know.

format is RGB jpg.
I managed to open only a png file

You are inserting the .jpg with the Picture command? That seems to be working OK here qith a couple of quick tests. Is it just this one image, or is it not possible with any jpg image?

am doing with drag n drop as usual, no jpg are working, include those that were doing ok before.

OK, just to check, can you try first running the Picture command, then browsing to your jpg image as an alternative to d’n’d?

What changed between “before” and “now”? Rhino update? Windows/driver update?

– Mitch

yes, as I wrote at the start of the topic, It ahppended after updating the software. Picture command doesn’t work either.

Hi - please run the Rhino ‘SystemInfo’ command and paste the result here.

I once downloaded an image from the internet that also had the extension .jpg and had the same problem as you. I think that image has some bitmap problem even though it can still be opened and viewed on a computer normally.
I have a way to handle the above problem as follows:

• Right click on the photo you want to drag in Rhino
  • Click “Edit with Photos” (or “Edit”, “Edit with Paint 3D”)
    or click “Open with” → “Photos” (or “Paint”, “Paint 3D”, Photoshop,… any photo editing software)
  • Save as a copy this image (Ctrl+Shift+S) to any other name.
  • Drag the newly saved image into Rhino normally.
    Can you try my way and see if it works for you?