Batch View Capture Named Views

Hi, possible feature request here.

Just wondering if there’s a way to do viewport capture on all (or a selection of) named views.
I see you can batch render named views, but doing viewport capture is generally faster and better quality for our WIP shots of models.

Screenshot attached to show current workflow/image output

Nice boat!

1 Like

Hi @cperrydesign,
maybe this would help you:

–jarek

Hi Jarek,

What is that? Is it a plug-in?

Happy to try, I just haven’t used whatever that file type is before.

Yes, it’s a RhinoScript plugin, it will only work in Windows Rhino.
Just save on your HD and drag-and-drop into Rhino viewport to install.
If all goes well, you should have a new command called “MultiViewCapture” available.

1 Like

Awesome thanks. I’ll give it a go.

Cheers
Chris

If you want to batch render your named views you can use _BatchRenderNamedViews in Rhino 7.

edit: nvm, I didn’t read properly the first message, you noticed already you can do that. The request for doing the same for capturing named views is already on my list, I’ll get to it eventually.

1 Like

Awesome.
@nathanletwory will it be possible to specify the output name as well? I assume with the Named view name tagging onto the end?

The name of the file is based on the named view. There is an option to add Prefix or Suffix to all captured views, too.

1 Like

@Jarek I haven’t got to try your Rhinoscript plugin yet. I’ll do it in the morning. :slight_smile:

The named view name is used when saving as PNG in _BatchRenderNamedViews. The only thing currently settable is the folder location.

I’ve logged RH-67200 Add option to modify file name to save named views to with BatchRenderNamedViews to begin with.

The viewcapture version was logged already as RH-65794 Create a BatchCaptureNamedViews command.

1 Like

Hi @nathanletwory just wanting to jump in on this thread, is the a RHV7 version of “MultiViewCapture.rhp”?

Cheers,
Michael

I don’t know, I didn’t create MultiViewCapture.rhp, but @Jarek did.

I suppose it should work, but I haven’t tried.

Unfortunately not, I have just tested it! Anyway, thanks for the input

Works in V7 over here… What is the problem on your end? Does it install properly and you have the command available?

Hi @Jarekk, I get this error message for some reason…

is the MultiViewCapture command available? (autocompletes)

Unfortunately it isn’t

Can you try running Rhino as Admin (right-click Rhino icon, pick Run As Administrator) and then install the RHP? Sometimes it helps to solve this error. If this does not help, we can look into other solutions.

Perfect, that has done the trick!

Many thanks,
Michael