Bake objects to layers with new Native GH components?

Hi guys,

I am struggling to replicate what was possible with plug-ins such as Elefront with the new native GH components…

Is it possible to bake objects pressing a button to assigned layers and have those objects get color and material properties all from the layers?

I was doing it like this with latest Elefront version. I can just press bake and the objects are baked to their layers.

I also did that exclusively with Elefront until R8 was out
then R8 shipped with a new set of GH components that allow a very good handling of baking, updating, retrieving and filtering geometries, layers, blocks, object properties from the Rhino document

so, in short :slight_smile: if you are on R8 I very much think you can do all those things using native R8 components from the Rhino GH tab

Yupp, that is what I am trying to do, I just don’t know how :laughing:

This post talks about how to assign layers and other attributes to objects. Rhino 8 Feature: GH1 Is Now More Than Just Geometry!

In addition to the docs that Andy shows, here is the Rhino 8 components throwing objects on different layers and displaying with different colors. Material could also be assigned.

1 Like

Another question, how can I create Text with existing Annotation Style from Rhino?

I have queried the annotation styles in document, and I have created my text, but how do I tell GH that the text needs to have this annotation style?

This is terrible guys.

Guess I am back to using Elefront.

Groups are not considered geometry and are more of a selection set than anything. A unique grouping of various model objects.

I’ll see what we can do in supporting those as model objects.

Annotations Style Overrides

2 Likes

Thank you for both!