Assign Command (Cmd) as shortcut not working

A quick info/history you can completely disregard: LaunchBar and Alfred are systemwide shortcut utilities for basically having a command line at your beck and call to quickly do numerous things no matter what app you’re in (too many things to list). They go back to a deprecated utility app called Quicksilver that used the command+space shortcut before Spotlight was a thing. Once Apple decided to make Spotlight a similarly useful system-wide shortcut key driven search utility and get it out of the lonely menubar, other similar utilities had come out and gained popularity in the mean time. They all fought and continue to fight for the command+space territory on the keyboard. Apple always wins these kinds of battles by default, so the other utilities pretty much automatically remap Spotlight to alt+space while trying to maintain their territory for our fingers’ muscle memory.

1 Like

I do remember Quicksilver. Now that is jogging my memory a bit.

Thanks for the history. I didn’t understand the gap between Quicksilver and Spotlight. That makes sense now.

1 Like

Middle mouse-button should now bring up the radial menu in the latest Rhino 6 for Mac SR17 Release Candidate.

This is now fixed in Rhino 6 for Mac SR17.