Any progress on fixing the bug with the Selection Filter

Is there any progress on fixing the annoying bug with the Selection Filter opening a double container on every use…?

For now I restored to keeping it [the floating double] minimized in a corner, But this is still a nuisance as it doesn’t remember it corner location

Thanks

Akash

hi @Akash It’s not very clear from these screenshots how you are using the tools. By default the Osnap and selection filter are docked in one container. Do you have both of the Osnap and Selection filter tools visible all times?

Can you send me your Window Layout by going to Window > Window Layouts > Manage Window layouts, create a new, and export the new window layout?

No, SF is visible [docked at the bottom] Osnap is tab with other tabs in a side docked container.
Because that SF double keeps opening as a float thing, I minimize it and stick it in the far corner.
But it shouldn’t pop up… that has been an issue since way back in the WIP.

I think it’s this one [it was the top one in the list… it should look like the screen shot] BTY the current, active window layout really needs to be highlighted, so we can know for sure which one we are using… [I mean those of us who tends to be messy with their naming habits]
akash_05March24.rhw (1.6 MB)

thanks a lot

does the attached work any better?
akash_modified.rhw (4.3 MB)

Thanks @Gijs
Had to massage the modified WL a bit as some things moved around with your modification.
Tested a bit, and I don’t anymore see the duplicate SF popoing up.
thanks a lot.

Do you mind explaining what you changed please.
[what was the issue here]

I haven’t pinpointed it quite yet, but what I think is happening is that the default container has both the osnap and filters in it and gets in the way. Once dragging those out of the container, I managed to break that relation. I need to repeat those steps again to see what exactly is happening.

I’m wondering, because I wasn’t using the default container in my WL… it was popping in on its own accord.
I seems to I remember one of the Devs wrote at some point about how the SF thing is a class of it’s own. [that it behave differently then other tabs]
Perhaps it would be better if the SF were alone in the default config…?

thanks a lot

Hi @Gijs
now after the issues reported in the other threads tonight . and removing those left over toolbars
the selection filter is unfortuatly back as a double that keep poping up.

another weird thing now… [I can’t see the connection but it happened as well ]. is that I lost to ability to use my normal buttons in the space mouse for the display mode [only all other buttons are working fine]

all the display ones are set to [physical] buttons on the device and they all worked fine until earlier today

strange things showing in rhino today…

thanks a lot