Annotation leader issues when exporting to .dwg

Hi,

We often need to export 2D engineering type drawings, drawn in Rhino, to .dwg for sending to clients. There have been an number of bugs in Rhino 6, that I have been hoping will be sorted out in Rhino 7. I test them now in Rhino 7 WIP 7.0.20042.9575, 2020/02/11, and some have been fixed but there are now others. I will list these issues under seperate topics to keep responses clear.

1. When opening a 2D drawing exported from Rhino 6 SR 22, in a .dwg program like Draftsight, NanoCad, or AutoCAD, the annotation text aligns vertically, when it was horizontal in Rhino:

This was not an issue in Rhino 5, or earlier SR’s of Rhino 6.

This seems to have been fixed when exporting from Rhino 7 WIP, but now the colour of the text is always black:

It would be great if the issues for both Rhino 6 export and Rhino 7 export can be fixed.

1 Like

Hi, i have the same issue here. How to solve this issue? it seems the problem only occurs with the leader object

@Rhino WIP developers, any chance this issue can be sorted out in a WIP release? I just checked the latest version (7.0.20133.11585, 2020/05/12) and it still has this bug.

@mary . I see there has recently been a Rhino 7 update, but unfortunately the above issue is still not sorted out. Please can this bug be looked at. It must be a relatively simple case of assigning the correct leader text color for dwg export / save as.

Same issue here! @mcneelsoftware @mary any potential fix for this?

Same issue here.

Experiencing the same issue! no solution at all for this?

Hello - is ‘same issue’ the text color in the target application, or?

-Pascal

Thanks for the images.
“but now the colour of the text is always black:”

Rhino 6 SR 22, in a .dwg program like Draftsight, NanoCad, or AutoCAD, the annotation text aligns vertically, when it was horizontal in Rhino:
This seems to have been fixed when exporting from Rhino 7 WIP, but now the colour of the text is always black:

So the dimension in Rhino 7 is oriented correctly, it is just black Rhino 7 export DWG, and the DWG is imported to AutoCAD and other apps. Correct?
We need a 3DM file that will show us the issue when we export to DWG.
Could one of you attached a 3DM that will show us the issue?

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier

Having this issue too. In Rhino 7, whenever Leaders are export to dxf, they change layers/colors. Attached are 3dm and exported dxf.

S1002-11A-I-TOOLPATHS - NOINFO.3dm (583.4 KB)
S1002-11A-I-TOOLPATHS - NOINFO.dxf (465.4 KB)