Rhino 6 Annotation Style error on export

Back story:
I work with large 3D models and 2D items in the same file. I export 2D curves to our CNC dept. These curves are always accompanied by text (labels, instructions).
I have an annotation style specifically for CNC parts. Text is .5" with a scale of 1.
If I export a part that has “CNC PARTS” annotation style, while a different style is current, the “CNC PARTS” style is overwritten to the current style.

Any way to stop that from happening? Is it a bug?
Screenshot attached for reference

Hello - I’ll take a look - to reproduce, I make some annotations in a custom style, and with a different style current, Export the objects - I should see the custom style changed to the current style in the current Rhino doc, correct? What format is the export?

-Pascal

I have done it as a R5 and R6. Same issue.

Thanks for being helpful all the time. Also I don’t really know the forum etiquette. I don’t want to bother you all the time. When I am posting I don’t know if its public for everyone to comment on, which would be preferred. Is there any kind of forum primer/guidelines?

Sorry, should have clarified. The exported file is the one that has the style change to what ever the current is. example: “part name” is under “cnc parts” style, when opening the exported file the style is no longer “cnc parts”. It changes to inch decimal, foot inch arch, millimeters, whatever the current is in the working file.

Hi Erik - here, if I export a dimension that is using DimStyle1, and DimStyle2 is the current dimstyle, to a new Rhino file, the result has the dimension correctly using DimStyle1 and DimStyle2 is also present in the file but it not applied. Is that an adequate test that would turn out wrong in your case? Can you send us a simple file (parent and export) for a look? Eithere here or to tech@mcneel.com, with a link back to this thread in your comments.

-Pascal

Thanks for looking into it. I will send a file in the morning.

TURNS OUT IT IS JUST WHEN EXPORTING TO R5. SORRY TO BOTHER YOU WITH THIS. I WILL BE MORE THOROUGH IN THE FUTURE BEFORE BOTHERING ANYONE

R5 EXPORT TEST

R6 EXPORT TEST

No worries, and anyway it is still a bug - I’ll check it.

-Pascal