Align tool only working from Top view

Seems to be that the align tool is only working from the top view, even if the front/back or left/right view is the active viewport. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hello - it should be paying attention to the current CPlane in whatever view you are working… can you post an example?

-Pascal

Here’s a video showing the issue:

edit: and for some reason it came out upside down… posted below.

Hello - if you start the command in Front or Right, it will work in those views, correct? That is the designed behavior as far as I know, you do not get to switch planes within the command.

-Pascal

I started the command (from the popped out align tool window) while fullscreened in the right view, but it doesn’t move the object based on that view. It did start registering in the top/front view once the mouse moved over to those views, but that’s not the view I was originally trying to align to.

I got you now, thanks. The command line option for how to align is set to ‘World’.

-Pascal

Huh, that’s exactly it, but now I’m wondering how it could have changed from CPlane. I never use the typed align command, always just the align buttons on the popped-out tool window, which prevents it from being changed.