A referenced element count not be found

Hi @kike

I’m using the ‘Set multiple linked graphical elements’ setting in the ‘Graphical element’ component but I am getting these error messages. There isn’t much information provided such as the element’s ID or why it could not be found. If I’ve selected it from a view, one would expect it can be found.

How can I troubleshoot this?

UPDATE: Actually, the component isn’t finding any element. Using RIR v1.4RC. Has the ‘Graphical element’ changed somehow?

Hi Paul,

What type of Link? (External server, File server, Revit Server, BIM360,…)

If its on BIM360 you will need something like this

image

There was nothing special about it, just a usual file on the local server.

Which exact version of RiR are you in? I just tested in the latest and not seeing anything unusual in getting linked elements via Graphical Element. I’ll test in your version too.

v1.4.7989.18759 (1.4 RC 2) with Revit 2021

1 Like

Paul, I set graphical element to the linked file, closed, reopened and it’s working as expected. Is there any other variable you can think of?

reopened…

Can I send you the model to test? Not working for me…

Sure thing, just put me as the recipient. Japhy @ mcneel.com

Thanks @Japhy will send shortly.

I’m not sure what is going on.

If I use the model I have and reference the linked model, it fails (Set multiple linked graphical elements)
If I remove the link and relink the model and reference it, it fails.
If I start a new project and link in the model, it works.

The file may have originated from BIM360. Could this ‘setting’ be embedded into the model somewhere and therefore RIR is rejecting it?

There doen’t appear anything special with the model - just a workshared model on local drive. No design options enabled. I’ve tried with and without shared coordinates. Phase mapping is the same in both models.

Any other thoughts as to why this might be failing?

@Japhy did you manage to get this to work?

I’ve managed to repeat the issue. Something is definitely different about Building B.

So does this mean the issue is being escalated? Others have also reported this issue 2 weeks ago.

It may be related to this as well, it looks like Autodesk has changed names in a few places.

Edit: this is in response to Japhy’s quoted post above.
I believe this is dependant on what version of Autodesk Desktop connector is installed. After ~ version 14.8 it changes the names of directories from BIM360 to ACCDOCS.

I can confirm I am using an older version of desktop connection which is still using BIM360 directories when getting the issue and should not be related.

1 Like

These files are now on a local server, not associated to BIM360 in any way.

I’ll test out Eshan’s link fix (see BIM360 Linked Revit Models thread above) on your files. Fix will be in the next daily build & next weeks RC.