- Ground plane on, material white plaster.
- Sun and Skylight turned OFF.
- A linear light drawn a couple units above the ground plane, horizontal to ground plane.
- “Show Lights” turned on so you can see where the light object is.
- SHADOW of the invisible light bulb (there’s a dark line parallel to the linear light, right where I would expect it to be brightest)
- Banding of light levels on ground plane. (looks like I’m in an 8 color gif)
- Lighting vanishes after toggling ‘Casts shadows’ (object properties on linear light) off then on again. Lighting does not show up again until I toggle the LIGHT ‘ON/OFF’. This glitch only happens with the linear light.
- Light is very dim, even with color = white, and intensity all the way up. Are there any other places we can turn up the Lumans? (Other than making a light emmitting
In the Rhino Cycles capture below, notice the heavy banding and shadow beneath the light. Compare to the Rhino Render at the bottom.
Here is the Rhino Render:
The heavy banding and odd shadow beneath the light do remind me of magnetic field lines though! Are these bugs known?