3Dconnexion SpaceMouse issues

Markus, I don’t understand why, but this worked for me perfectly. Thank you for the help!

Thank you Markus! This helped me too. Switching to Object Mode and Forward/Back helped. Don’t mind the pun but it sure sent me for a spin.

I just installed Rhino 7 and noticed the SpaceMouse was behaving VERY differently when I ran 7 for the first time. Seemed like everything was inverted. So I followed the help above but it still feels really bad, I might switch back to 6. I was looking forward to the SubD tools (T-Splines: Reloaded) but if I can’t comfortably navigate that’s a problem.

In general, the SpaceMouse doesn’t feel smooth when it’s in use. In 6 I could maneuver without hiccups but in 7 it feels more like I’m using the handwheels on a 3-axis Bridgeport.

Any help is much appreciated!

I found all the settings in the SpaceMouse menu, in the 3dConnexion driver menu, (the axis sensitivity and the ‘reverse’ option in Advanced Setttings) are program specific and they go back to default when opening a new program. Maybe you can open both Rhino 6 and 7 at the same time and switch between them and see if the settings are the same. The settings updates automatically when another program is selected.
I am using latest Rhino 7 and the movement is very smooth and accurate.

You may also want to check if the “Dominant” option is active. In general, it will lock the ability to simultaneously pan/rotate/zoom, and will only let you use one of these at a time.

2 Likes

Thanks! That definitely helps!

1 Like

Glad to hear that it’s worked! In several occasions it got reset after an update. But I have to admit that I use a very old 3DxWare driver (version 10.3.0) + a perfectly working discontinued model (a typical example for an intentional planned obsolescence by companies to force buying their newer models) + I replaced Rhino 7’s plug-in with Rhino 5’s one. Lots of hacks to make it work on Rhino 7. :innocent: :smiley:

1 Like

@Markus
Hello, I could use your help.

Issue: Space Mouse Enterprise not responding to newly updated Rhino 7 (updated from R6 and WAS working perfectly).

Remediation efforts:
1.) Installed new 3dConnexion driver (10.8.2) = No Change
2.) Reinput Rhino License= No change
3.) Uninstall 10.8.2 replace with older driver= navigation responds in reverse and no LCD button response.
4.) Bang head on desk, admit defeat.

I have tried Rhino 7 SR8 & Rhino 7 SR11 with 3DxWare 10.8.2 both work for me.

I cannot tell from the description what the problem is.

Possibly deleting %localappdata%/3Dconnexion/3DxWare and %appdata%/3Dconnexion/3DxWare/Cfg with the driver NOT running helps.